Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 7:10, 12, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 7:10, 12, 16
"And on the three and twentieth day of the seventh month he sent the people away into their tents, glad and merry in heart for the goodness that the Lord had shewed unto David, and to Solomon, and to Israel his people.
And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard they prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually."

So many thoughts on this. I reflected on temple dedications I have attended and going home afterwards with such joy and gladness in my heart for such a blessing. I could just picture Israel going home to their tents with such feelings in their hearts.

I also see confirmation of what I learned at the Payson Temple dedication and the first endowment session I could attend. Where I knew the Lord came to accept the operation of His temple. That the Lord accepts his temple after the dedication has taken place. I see that pattern also in the Kirtland Temple dedication where several days later the Lord, came to accept it. This is my second witness to my feelings that day.


Day 949

No comments:

Post a Comment