Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 29:9,17

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 29:9,17
"Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the Lord: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy.
I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of mine heart I will willingly offered all these things: and now have I seen with joy thy people, which are present here, to offer willingly unto thee."

The key to joy is a willing heart. Willing to do the Father's will. I loved these two footnote references.

"For behold, if a man being evil giveth a gift, he doeth it grudingly; wherefor it is counted unto him the same as if he had retained the gift; wherefore he is counted evil before God." (Moroni 7:8)

"Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days."  (Doctrine & Covenants 64:34)

I pondered on how the willing heart is truly only known to God. For a man can hide his willingness and what he is thinking from others. The relationship to the Lord and the willingness to do the Father's will is totally a personal one. The blessing come personally too.


Day 942



No comments:

Post a Comment