Saturday, October 7, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 11:10

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 11:10
"These also are the chief of the mighty men whom David had, who strengthened themselves with him in his kingdom, and with all Israel, to make him king, according to the word of the Lord concerning Israel."

I'm sitting here reading the list of names of the mighty men and have no idea who they are. At some time someone knew them and it meant something to see their names listed here. David would not have been the king he was if not for the mighty men that surrounded him and strengthened him in the Lord. Someday will I hear each man's story?

As I sat pondered on these men I was reminded of Doctrine and Covenants chapters 15 & 16. The chapters are identical except for the name of the person they were given to. What struck me with that fact is that the Lord knew their names. Blessings might be the same for individuals but the Lord still counts them, knows them, and loves them. I might only know the names of the mighty men, but to the Lord he knows them. These names will be written in the Book of Life. May I live my life to be so worthy to have my name written there too.

Day 924

No comments:

Post a Comment