Monday, October 2, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 6:10

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 6:10
"And Johanan begat Azariah, (he it is that executed the priest's office in the temple that Solomon built in Jerusalem:)"

I had to go back and count how many generations are listed for Levi. I'm not sure if some have been skipped. It was 21 generations from Levi to Azariah during the time of king Solomon and the first temple being built. It was only two generations from Levi to Moses, not sure if that's right. Probably why verse one says "the sons of Levi".

I sat and thought about how many years it would take for 21 generations to pass. Just picturing the passing of the mosiac law from generation to generation. I don't have anything passed down from my ancestors for 21 generations. What a blessing the written scriptures are to the children of mankind. I can know the fathers, with my heart turned to my Heavenly Father through them.


Day 919

No comments:

Post a Comment