Monday, October 9, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 13:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 13:3-4
"And let us bring again the ark of our God to us: for we inquired not at it in the days of Saul.
And all the congregation said that they would do so: for the thing was right in the eyes of all the people."

Uzza died while steadying the ark when the oxen stumbled. At first I had thought it was because he was not from the tribe of Levi that had the responsibility of bearing the ark. When I read this chapter something new stood out to me. The congregation of Israel had agreed to bring it to it to them based on it being "right in the eyes of all the people". What it doesn't say is that it was right in the eyes of God. So this was another reason the anger of the Lord was kindled. Now I see it so fitting that the oxen stumbled causing Uzza's to touch what was forbidden and die. When I lean upon my own understanding and not inquire of the Lord I too can stumble, and cause spiritual death. There was more to this story than I at first realized.

Day 926

No comments:

Post a Comment