Sunday, October 15, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 19:13

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 19:13
"Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the Lord do that which is good in his sight."

Israel is going to battle against the Syrians on one side and the children of Ammon on the other. I love this thought that they will do all they can to be valiant, and whatever the outcome is the Lord's will for them. It made me think of the time I faced a terrible situation ahead of me. I knew I would be either left maimed or dead. All my attempts to stop my car were of no effect. I knew whatever the outcome, it would be the will of the Lord. I prayed "Thy will be done."  I had such incredible peace with that thought. Then at the last moment my car that was sliding out of control into the busy intersection spun and went up the sidewalk. No harm to me or my vehicle. I found that after all I can do, that leaving myself in the hands of the Lord and accepting his will, allows him to work miracles in my life. 


Day 932

No comments:

Post a Comment