Saturday, April 29, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 1:9

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 1:9
"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."

This verse made me think of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's April 2017 LDS Conference address "Perfect Love Casteth Out Fear". What a joy to sit and listen to this talk again. So many glorious scriptures references inside it. So many pieces fit. The pure love of Christ, faith, hope and charity casts out fear. I live in a time where peace has been taken from this earth and yet I have peace, and a joy that passes all understanding. Everyday as I sit and read my scriptures, the words of Christ come alive, and I am made alive in Christ. This brings peace to my soul. The fear that doubt, sin, and the adversary brings is dispersed, for it cannot reside where the light of Christ reigns. My strength is in Christ, how can I even say I have courage for it all comes from him.

While pondering the thought came to me if I have the spirit to always be with me, then Christ will be with me too. That is how "the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." I had never thought of it that way before.


Day 763

No comments:

Post a Comment