Thursday, April 20, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 26:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 26:16
"This day the Lord thy God hath commanded thee to do these statutes and judgments: thou shalt therefore keep and do them with all thine heart, and with all thy soul."

I love this. This made me ponder on how I'm not just to keep the commandments, but do it will all my heart and my soul. I have seen over the years how keeping the commandments have changed for me. I looked upon them as restrictions and bondage. Now they bring peace to my heart, reverence and love for God. I have gratitude for how they bless my life, and the protection they bring. There has been a change of heart and attitude in keeping the commandments. It's almost like keeping them seemed dead inside without my heart in them. What an interesting observation I wasn't even aware of until now.


Day 754

No comments:

Post a Comment