Friday, April 28, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 34:5, 8, 10

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 34:5, 8, 10
"So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord.
And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.
And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face,"

I wasn't there when Moses died, but I shed tears today reading of his death. I have now concluded the book of Deuteronomy and finished the Torah (The Law). The first five books of the Old Testament ascribed to Moses - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, comprising  "The Law of Moses". How I love Moses for all his words have taught me.

I pondered on how the mosaic law, would not be fulfilled until the death and resurrection of my Savior, Jesus Christ. How different the stories to come would be, if the children of Israel obeyed the laws that were given them. They would have been prepared to receive their King. A prophet greater than Moses, the very Lord, whom Moses spoke face to face. One day I shall stand before my Savior and speak with Him face to face. I want my story to be different, keeping the commandments will help me know my King.


Day 762

No comments:

Post a Comment