Friday, April 7, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 13:1-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 13:1-3
"If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou has not known, and let us serve them;
Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of the prophet, or the dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul."

I know there is a prophet of God upon the earth. He holds the priesthood keys and receives revelation. He speaks the will of my Father in Heaven and serves only him. What struck me in this verse is how "other gods" have prophets and dreamers too. That they can give signs and wonders that do come to pass. That these "other gods" will have you serve them too. Who are these "other gods'? I believe they are just Satan deceiving people in various forms. I know there are two powers on the earth. The priesthood power of God the Father, and that Satan has a priesthood power too. The one you tap into will become your master.

God the Father allows the power of Satan to be upon this earth in order for me to be tested. The God I love with all my heart and soul is the one that I follow. It's pretty important I get this right.

I read the bible dictionary on Satan or the Devil. It lead me to Revelations 13. I looked upon it with new eyes. Satan has an impressive amount of power, among them are the power to heal, perform miracles and to create. His miracles are meant to deceive, and blasphemy God, and destroy the saints. From his words he will appear like a lamb, meaning Christ, and deceive the very elect. Everything he does will teach me to no longer love the Lord my God with all my heart.

If Satan is the great deceiver who would he teach me to love? It would have to be myself. If he can get me to have pride and faith in myself, then I will no longer humble myself before God. I would no longer put God the Father first, and seek to do his will. Satan would teach to do my own will, and he would give me the power to attract it to me. If my first love is myself, and the power I gain from self, then soon I will no longer feel I need to humble myself and turn to my Savior Jesus Christ. For if the power was inside me to save or create, why would I need a Savior. I think the first thing he would have to take is my faith in Christ, and replace it with faith in me. I think this is the great litmus test. Who have I put my faith in? For there will be heart me also.


Day 741

No comments:

Post a Comment