Thursday, April 27, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 33:13, 16

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 33:13, 16
"And of Joseph he said, Blessed of the Lord be his land, for the precious things of heaven, for the dew, and for the deep that coucheth beneath,
And for the precious things of the earth and fulness thereof, and for the good will of him that dwelt in the bush: let the blessing come upon the head of Joseph, and upon the top of the head of him that was separated from his brethren."

Moses blessed the children of Israel. He pronounces blessings on each of the twelve tribes. I pondered on the blessing Joseph received. These verses are only part. What stands out to me "blessed of the Lord be his land", and "him that was separated from his brethren". The fulfillment of this took place when Lehi left Jerusalem with his family, and was joined by Ishmael and his family. Together the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh of Joseph's line, came to their promised land. The land in which I live. Where I find the "precious things of the lasting hills". Moses blessing was the same blessing Jacob gave Joseph too.

"Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:"  (Genesis 49:22

How grateful I am for the Book of Mormon and how I can read of the "stick of Joseph". Today as I read the bible the stick of Judah and the stick of Joseph are one in my hand.

"Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand."  (Ezekiel 37:16, 19)

I have come to find as I am reading the Bible that I need to also read from the Book of Mormon daily. I do not know how to describe it, but it's like a light or energy that allows inspiration to come through to lighten the eyes of my understanding.


Day 761

No comments:

Post a Comment