Monday, April 24, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 30:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 30:2
"And shalt return unto the Lord thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;"

The word "return" made me stop and ponder. I cannot return to the Lord unless I do it with all my heart and soul. I also cannot give the Lord my heart and soul unless I have returned to him. What am I returning from?

"And Samuel spake unto all the house of Israel, saying, If ye do return unto the Lord with all your hearts, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the Lord, and serve him only: and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines." (1 Samuel 7:3)

I am forsaking anything that took me away from the Lord. Any strange gods, false teachings, and anything that breaks the commandments. To come to the Lord I must give him my whole heart and soul, and serve only him. It can't be a half way effort, to truly come to him.


Day 758


No comments:

Post a Comment