Saturday, April 8, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 14:22

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 14:22
"Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year."

I noticed this mention of tithing did not promise more, just that the field would continue to produce year after year. That really is an incredible promise.  As I sat and pondered on paying tithing, I see how much I have been blessed. Every year I have been able to take care of what needs to be taken care of. I have produced sufficient for my needs and for my family.

I have often reflected on if I would want wealth or sufficient for my needs as promised. I have found the later has been the greater promise. I used to get upset that as soon as a little money would come my way something would break, or need to be replaced, and take it all from me. I could never get ahead.  It's taken time to realize the Lord blessed me to have the money for my needs in the first place. He has taken care of me. What lessons I have learned because of this. The wealth he gives untold is through the spirit. This is by far the greatest of blessings that money cannot buy. These are the windows of heaven that are open until my cup overflows. I have been blessed.

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there not be room enough to receive it." (Malachi 3:10)


Day 742

No comments:

Post a Comment