Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 11:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 11:8
"Therefore shall ye keep all the commandments which I command you this day, that ye may be strong, and go in and posses the land, whither ye go to possess it;"

I pondered on how keeping the commandments doesn't always mean I will receive material wealth. In fact I can see what a blessing it has been to me not to have wealth. I would not have learned so many great lessons if I had had them. The ability to think outside of the box, due to the lack of wealth, has been a great gift.

I pondered on what it meant to posses the land. It made me think of projects I have undertaken. How I have been blessed, because the spirit inspired me on how to manage them. The blessing of keeping the commandments is to have the spirit to always be with me. Through that spirit I been taught wisdom to do things that I was once incapable of doing. Not once but many, many times.  I have seen these things become my strengths. So possessing the land means to me any endeavor I undertake with the spirit as my guide. With the spirit I am made strong to do what needs to be accomplished.


Day 739

No comments:

Post a Comment