Thursday, April 6, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 12:30

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 12:30
"Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee, and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise."

One of the first things Israel is told to do when they enter the promised land is to destroy all the Canaanite gods, their alters, pillars, and groves. To take down their graven images and the names of them out of the place. They are told were to find them, in the high mountains, upon the hills and under every green tree.

I pondered on how they are told how to identify these false gods, and then told not to inquire after them. The warning appears to be you will see them, but don't understand them. It made me think of how I can see or identify things that are going after false gods, the occult, and priestcrafts and my first impression is to step away. Don't touch, get out of that gathering, close that webpage. I have seen the elect go chasing after them and being burned from their experiences. I think there is so much wisdom in identifying false gods, but not studying how evil worships itself, and its power to create. This is a wisdom of the world I do not need to know. To understand how they served their gods opens me to the influence of Satan to instruct. I do not need him whispering in my mind. This is a counsel for the ages.


Day 740

No comments:

Post a Comment