Saturday, April 15, 2017

Today I Lost One Ring

On a very busy day I suddenly noticed my engagement ring was gone. It had become too big since losing weight. It would just twirl on my finger and was very easy to come off, yet I kept wearing it. It was a treasured family heirloom that belonged to my grandmother and mother and was passed onto me when I became engaged. I loved it for how it connected me to these special women. Our family prayed if it be the Lord's will that it would be found. I retraced my steps but couldn't find it. I thought it was either gone for good, or would someday appear while cleaning. I was sad but not upset. Out of all of my possessions that was what meant the most to me. If that had to be taken from me, then it was what had to be.
I felt impressed to try on my wedding band that I had not been able to wear since my first child was born. (He will be 34 next month.) I just never spent the money to have it resized. I was amazed to see it now fit. I was happy with the simplicity of wearing just a single wedding band. A special thank you to my husband William Zamora for going the extra mile and looking in the bottom of our outside trash can for my engagement ring. He was the means that God answered our humble prayers, and returned the ring to me. I have put it up for safe keeping where my wedding band used to be. I will get the engagement ring resized after I finish losing more weight. Right now the wedding band, my husband bought me years ago, is being enjoyed as it should be. Today I lost one ring, and now two have been returned to me. I am so blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment