Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 24:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 24:16
"The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

This made me think of the 2nd Article of Faith.
"We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression."

I thought about how everyone is accountable for their own sins at judgment day. That is such a relief, I would not want to be accountable for another person's sins. I have enough of my own to account for. I am grateful that the Savior's atonement overcame original sin so I could be born into this world and not be punished for Adam's transgression. I was born innocent and can act for myself, and be cursed or redeemed depending on my choices and adhering to God's commandments. I alone am responsible for my actions.  I pondered on how a loving and just God would set things up this way.


Day 752

No comments:

Post a Comment