Saturday, April 22, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 28:63

Today's Favorite Verse: Deuteronomy 28:63
"And it shall come to pass, that as the Lord rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiple you; so the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it."

This chapter starts with all these lovely blessings that God's holy people will be blessed with for keeping his commandments. Then it follows with the cursing if they stray from his commandments. It was rather to terrifying to contemplate. This made me think of the scriptures referring to a two-edged sword.

"Behold, I am God; give heed to my word, which is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of both joints and marrow; therefore, give heed unto my word. (Doctrine & Covenants 12:2)

He can divide asunder my enemies but just as quickly swing that sword back at me if I forsake him. I think I know which side of that sword I want to be on. I want to be worthy of His promised blessings, and having him fight my battles for me.


Day 756

No comments:

Post a Comment