Saturday, October 31, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 16:1, 5, 7, 12

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 16:1, 5, 7, 12
"In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Then said I: Wo is unto me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips; and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of Hosts.
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said: Lo, this has touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
And the Lord have removed men far away, for there shall be a great forsaking in the midst of the land."

Jacob is once again quoting Isaiah. I am finding as I am reading, what usually is a hard part of the Book of Mormon, a new understanding. I am trying to see if through Jacob's eyes and how it applied to him, before I apply it to me.

I know Jacob, like Isaiah saw the Lord. He appeared to him and they talked face to face. I can imagine what a connection this gives him to Isaiah. What he must be feeling as Isaiah describes his experience in being in the presence of the Lord. How unworthy you feel, yet are made clean.

Then I could see Jacob finds mention of themselves in the words of Isaiah. They are the men that were removed far away. Isaiah saw Lehi's family and others leaving Jerusalem many years before it happened. So how does this apply to me? I know as I am removed from the world, I can be made clean before the Lord. All that Isaiah saw, and all that Jacob saw, is all that I can see.


No comments:

Post a Comment