Monday, October 5, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 12:17

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 12:17
"And the mists of darkness are the temptations of the devil, which blindeth the eyes, and hardeneth the hearts of the children of men, and leadeth them away into broad roads, that they perish and are lost."

I know Satan blinds people so they don't see truth when it is staring them in the face. They are made deaf and dumb and their hearts are cold. But, what really struck me is where he leads them, into broad roads. I pondered on how many times the Lord says "straight is the gate, and narrow is the way". When I compare a broad road and a narrow road I can see one has a lot of traffic and the other not as much. Sadly, it appears there would not be as many fellow travelers on the Lord's road.

The Lord's way has a gate that you must take action in order to enter onto that path. That would be baptism. Satan's road never appears to have a gate to enter into it. You can just enter at will and be carried with the flow. I thought about all the times I've been in a large crowd. At first it can feel pretty exciting. Then you start getting bumped around by others. The crowds can be so large you cannot maneuver. In fact I have been lost in crowds where I can't even tell where I'm going. People won't let me through so I can get to my destination. You can get blocked in and stuck as people just flow around you. There is no relief or break. If your not traveling in their same direction your stuck. If the crowd is moving to quickly you could get trampled. It can actually get pretty scary when I'm in large crowds. I can see so many parallels to where Satan takes you on that broad road. That is not a path that would bring me any type of joy. Life would feel kinda panicky and hard to breath.

As I pondered on the straight and narrow way I can see peace and comfort. I picture a pleasant walk along a county path. I feel like I could ponder and reflect on things there. There would be no rush, I could take my time. I would marvel at the beauties of this world. Those you meet along the way would assist and be kind. I could feel more compassion on that narrow road. I want to be on that road. I feel like being filled with compassion and love for others would keep me on that straight and narrow path. Which I know leads to Christ. That road would bring true happiness and joy. That is the road I want to stay on.


No comments:

Post a Comment