Sunday, October 25, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 10:3

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 10:3
"Wherefore, as I said unto you, it must needs be expedient that Christ - for in the last night the angel spake unto me that this should be his name - should come among the Jews, among those who are the more wicked part of the world; and they shall crucify him - for thus it behooveth our God, and there is none other nations on earth that would crucify their God."

This verse made me ponder on God's timing of sending his children to earth, and where he places them. At the same time he sent his only begotten son, Jesus Christ to this earth, he sent others that would be willing to crucify him. How interconnected the roles we all play. We have our free-agency on how we will act, but like any parent can tell you, they know how their children will behave. Given the right combination of people together, you know what the end result will be. God knows us even better than ourselves, this is why he knows when is the best time to send us to this earth.

Why was I sent here upon the earth at this time? What role do I play? I know I have been blessed in my life by both the wicked and righteous people I have come across. Each encounter has helped me on my path towards Christ. Each role others have played in my life has blessed me. I almost think dealing with the unrighteous has taught me the most about myself and changes I needed to make. First, I had to learn that we are all hopelessly flawed. Each one of us needs the Lord. I have come to cherish my enemies for I would have never learned what I have learned any other way. There has been pain along the way, but through that pain I've learned to rely on the Lord, and find true peace. I am sure people looking back at my life will say I was both wicked and righteous, I am so flawed. But, the final sum needs to be, I was redeemed. I would not change a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment