Sunday, October 11, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 18:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 18:2-3
"Now I, Nephi, did not work the timbers after the manner which was learned by men, neither did I build the ship after the manner of men; but I did build it after the manner which the Lord had shown unto me; wherefore, it was not after the manner of men.
And I Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things."

As I have been thinking about keeping the Sabbath day holy, one thought that keeps coming to me is the need to send time pondering the direction I am going in life. Are there changes that need to be made, can I work smarter and do things in a better way? I feel the longing for a time of reflection in all areas of my life. The Lord's day of rest from my normal labors can be spent in sabbath worship and as a time of reflection. I have such a desire to plan and write things out, but I don't even know what they are yet.

Nephi may not have said he went to the temple when he goes into the mount. But often that is what is meant when prophets say that is where they go. Nephi went there to worship the Lord and receive inspiration and guidance.

I am already going to the temple every week to worship the Lord. I have received great spiritual strength, and inspiration in my life. What I haven't been doing so well is using the Sabbath day as spiritual preparation for taking things to the Lord. I think if I take what I pondered on Sunday and seek the Lord's inspiration for direction in the temple, a beautiful new way of doing things will open up. I most likely will never build a ship like Nephi, or hardly anything anyone else would use, but what I need to build in life would be helpful to the welfare of my family and myself. The wisdom I seek for answers in my life need to come from the Lord and not from the thinking of man. I wonder how many new and marvelous inventions could really be out there if gifted men worked in such a manner?

Using the power of the Sabbath day and the power of the temple, I think I could do marvelous things. I know the Lord has blessed me spiritually and I always want those blessings. Now I think he can speak to me in the temporal areas of my life. Maybe no one else will care about how I organize and manage things, but to the Lord all things are important if it helps his children grown and develop their talents. It is with those very talents that we can serve Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment