Friday, October 16, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 1:20

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 1:20
“And he hath said that: Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; but inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence."

I pondered on why a land that no longer served God and kept his commandments would not prosper? Now I see that we are cut off from His presence. With that goes the spirit, the inspiration needed to actually prosper. Satan makes men blind and dumb. They can no longer think and see things as they should. They will get carried away with so many falsehoods and beliefs. Would they not become overly politically correct to the point nothing makes sense and they run into one continue round of arguing. This stunts any type of growth or advancement.

As our nation has turned from God we see these very things happening. We do not prosper as we used to. I’m not talking about just material wealth. It’s everything, even the intelligence of our children in schools. The light of all knowledge comes from God. To be cut off from his presence is the worse that can happen to us. How I don’t want that. How I want this nation to be great again. Then I thought how I’m not alone in the desire. There are many  good God fearing people in our land. This is helping to preserving us as a nation. If only more would turn to God and keep his commandments we would be great again, and prosper. Greater light and knowledge would make us strong again. My little role in this is to remain faithful and not turn my back on God. Not only does my actions bless my life, it blesses my nation. I think it matters not to God what political party I belong to as long as I serve him.


No comments:

Post a Comment