Thursday, October 1, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 8:11-12

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 8:11-12
"And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.
And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit."

This chapter is about Lehi's dream of the tree of life. How I want to taste of that fruit. I can only image what great joy would fill your soul from eating it. The gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ bring me unspeakable joy, to know the fullness of that would be beyond complete. 

I know the joy I have felt from the gospel and the love of my Savior. It makes me wish all my family and friends could know of it too. I recall years ago I wanted to be the righteous one standing out amongst others. Now I see how wrong that thinking was. How wicked and self-righteous. My wish now is to be surrounded by throngs of people worshiping my Lord. When I am done with this life I want to say I did all that I could to not come home alone. That I honored my Lord by inviting others to come to him. That would be joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment