Thursday, October 29, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 14:2

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 14:2
"In that day shall the branch of the Lord be beautiful and glorious; the fruit of the earth excellent and comely to them that are escaped of Israel."

Jacob is still quoting Isaiah and I wanted to see it in his eyes. How his people would look forward to the millennial that this chapter speaks of. How does it apply to them? Then I saw them. They are the branch of Israel that had escaped. He could see them being restored and the blessings that await them.

So now I asked myself what does that mean for me? Then I could see myself. At the time of Lehi's departure from Jerusalem the people there had become part of the world. They needed to escape from them to be preserved. Is this not what I need to do too? To be preserved I must separate myself from the things of the world and come to Christ. In that beautiful millennial day all things will change and what I have become will be most desirable. I will be made beautiful and glorious because of my love for the Lord. In return all that the Father has, the fullness of the earth, will be there for me to partake of. What blessings lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment