Friday, October 30, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 15:20

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 15:20
"Wo unto them that call evil good, and good evil, that put darkness for light, and light for darkness, that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

Jacob is still quoting Isaiah and this verse I have absolutely no problem likening it to my day. This world has become so confusing. Words I always thought I knew the meaning of have become corrupted. It makes you afraid of opening your mouth.

I recall the first time I realized what was taking place. It was when our current president took office. All of a sudden because I did not agree with his policy I was labeled prejudice. That isn't even what the word means. It didn't even come into my equation the color of his skin. Since that moment of awakening I have seen a flood of political correctness, that has changed the definition of every long standing value on once this country stood. Never would I dream that being a Christian would make you considered judgmental and full of hate.

So I asked myself why did our words have to change? I began to see that to change a word, is to change its value. Values are on what our moral compass can be built. To change the definition of a thing changes its whole value and meaning. When we redefine something we open up what master it will follow. To change a meaning opens up the flood gate to who becomes in control. If you did not change its meaning Satan could not put his mark of influence upon it. When you call what was once good evil, and evil now good then the master being followed has changed. Something as tiny as a word begins to define a people.

The result of changing words makes you afraid to open your mouth. That is the very chains Satan wishes to place around me. So now that the environment has changed I must not. I can be wise, but I must not be deceived between truth and error, right from wrong, and good and evil. I must have the spirit to ever be with me. To guide me around the land mines placed in my way, waiting to destroy. More than at anytime on this earth is there a greater need to have the Holy Spirit as my guide. This is why I take the sacrament. 


No comments:

Post a Comment