Monday, October 26, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 11:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Nephi 11:2-3
"And now I, Nephi, write more of the words of Isaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, for he verily saw my Redeemer, even as I have see him.
And my brother, Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words of three, God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth more witnesses, and he proveth all his words."

Nephi is testifying that not only has Isaiah seen the Redeemer, so has his brother Jacob and himself. Their words stand as a witness of the reality of Christ. I could not help but ponder on the the power of witnesses because of something, very unrelated to the gospel, that happened earlier today. I told my family that I would stand as a witness of the effects of what just happened. For some reason the Lord wants me today to understand the role of witnesses. So I pondered on why witnesses are important.

With three or more witnesses the truth can be established. There is stronger evidence when you have even more witnesses. What I went through I felt very much so that I would not be the only one to experience this situation. The more of us experiencing this cause and effect the greater evidence of changes that need to be made. Even though I am reading the scriptures I can see how this message fits in my personal life. Sometimes things happen to us so we can play the role of a witness. The unity of witnesses can bring about change.

In my spiritual life I have to come back to what Nephi says regarding the witnesses of Christ. That God will send more witnesses. I reflected on how many since Nephi's time have also testified of seeing Christ. There have been many witnesses. Today on the earth there are 15 living men that can also testify of seeing him. The prophet Thomas S. Monson, his counselors and the twelve apostles, for they are his special witnesses. Yet, I know there are more. I know more and more humble followers of Christ will see him. Their role may not be to preach this knowledge to the world, but rather to play their role in helping to establish Zion. The unity of these witnesses will help bring change, a Zion people prepared to receive our Lord at his second coming. This is the type of witness I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment