Thursday, October 15, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 22:25, 28, 31

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 22:25, 28, 31
“And he gathereth his children from the four quarters of the earth; and he numbereth his sheep, and they know him; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd; and he shall feed his sheep, and in him they shall find pasture.
But, behold, all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people shall dwell safely in the Holy One of Israel if it so be that they will repent.
Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them. Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last days. And thus it is. Amen."

Nephi explains the words of Isaiah he quoted previously to his brothers. He speaks of the scattering of the House of Israel and how the Gentiles will nurse and nourish them with the gospel. It talks of what will happen to the wicked, and the righteous. I want to focus my life on being righteous.

Regardless of being a Jew or a Gentile the message of the gospel is for the every person on this earth. This is the time of its fullness. How I long to counted as His sheep and reside in his pasture. All he asks is for me to repent. I pondered on why that would be so hard for so many of us. All that the Father has he will give us if we just come unto Him. We must be obedient, keep the commandments and repent. What would stop me from doing that? It would have to be pride. The belief that I am greater than the Lord, my will, wants and pleasures mean more. How would one turn it around? What have I done to turn it around?

I don’t know what changed me because its been a lifetime of changes. I do know that I am ever so careful about anything that will cause the spirit to leave me. I want, I need it, as my constant companion. I guess I had to recognize first what I was doing that brought the spirit to me, then increase in doing those things. Then I could be sensitive to when the spirit has left and turn away from those things. As I recognize those things in my life that took me away from the Lord I repent, forsake then, and learn a better way. It’s a lifelong journey, its a path I walk every day of my life, and I am happier and have more peace in my life because of it. I get it wrong so many times. But, I know the Lord knows my heart. He doesn’t expect me to be perfect, just to keep getting better. He makes up all the difference for what I am lacking. He is a loving shepherd, and feeds his sheep, may I always hear his voice and follow it.




No comments:

Post a Comment