Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 14:25-26

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 14:25-26
"But the things which thou shalt see hereafter thou shalt not write; for the Lord God hath ordained the apostle of the Lamb of God that he should write them.
And also others who have been, to them hath he shown all things, and they have written them; and they are sealed up to come forth in their purity, according to the truth which is in the Lamb, in the own due time of the Lord, unto the house of Israel."

Nephi goes on to explain that the angel told him the name of the apostle is John. That it will be written in the book that proceeded out of the mouth of a Jew, so that's the bible. That when they were written they were plain and pure, and most precious and easy to the understanding of all men. Wow, I just read Revelations and can say Revelations is not plain and easy to understand. As I read yesterday, evil men took parts out of the bible including Revelations so it could not be understood.

So I followed the footnotes for sealed, to see who else wrote about the end times and was told to seal them up. Daniel was one of them. He would have been a contemporary of Nephi since he was taken into Babylon after Jerusalem was destroyed. The other was the brother of Jared which was during the tower of Babel time frame. I'm sure there were others. The point is there are sealed records out there that will come to us when the Lord feels the time is right.

What does that mean to me today? I will keep the course I am going. I'm not getting all wrapped up in the game people are playing to try and figure out the end time events. We just don't have all the information that the Lord will be giving us. I will read and store up in my heart all that is said. Then when the time is right I will understand them. More than likely that understanding will come as I read what has been sealed when it is revealed. Then it should be in its purity and easy to understand. What the Lord wants me to study and understand today is what he has given me for now. I find a lot of comfort and satisfaction in that.


No comments:

Post a Comment