Sunday, October 4, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 11:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 11:1-2
"For it came to pass after I had desired to know the things that my father had seen, and believing that the Lord was able to make them known unto me, as I sat pondering in mine heart I was caught away in the Spirit of the Lord, yea, into an exceedingly high mountain, which I never had before seen, and upon which I never had before set my foot.
And the Spirit said unto me: Behold, what desirest thou?

I was so struck in this chapter about the importance of pondering in our hearts the word of God, and having questions. I have learned over the years that the spirit teaches me by asking me questions. They are never the ones of doubt, but purely the ones that open up personal revelation and answers. When the spirit asks me questions it is always followed by the answer. There is a distinct difference in the questions of the spirit and its instruction, than the questions of doubt the adversary tries to lead you astray with. I am seeing this same pattern in Nephi's recounting of the vision of the tree of life. Not only does he see what his father saw, but he is given the interpretation of it. What a marvelous pattern the Lord has for teaching his children. 


No comments:

Post a Comment