Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 8:1

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 8:1
"And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour."

Yesterday, I had felt pretty sure we were in at least the 6th seal or dispensation, there are only seven. This chapter speaks of what is to come in the 7th seal. Saying it is not good is an understatement. Some things sound like they are beginning to happen, others have not.

Then I was struck with the fact verse one says after the 7th seal was opened there was silence in heaven for half an hour. I did a little math to get a rough idea how long that would be. If in the Lord's time a day = 1,000 years and there are 24 hours in a day, then there would be 48 half hour periods in a day. Dividing 1,000 by 48 I'm thinking it would be about 20 years for the space of half an hour. That is a good stretch of time for people to not realize the 7th seal has already been open. I think I'm living in that window now.

The other thing I have to consider is the Lord said these days would be shortened for the elect's sake or no flesh would be saved. (see Matthew 24:22, Mark 13:20) So a 1/2 hour of silence and the rest of the last dispensation could go by extremely fast. I wish I had kept track of when the prophet started to use the phrase "Hastening the Work". I think that would mean something right now to me. I can't recall if I heard it before the special broadcast in October 2013 "Hastening the Work of Salvation". 

The bottom line still is, I don't know the time frame. Does it matter? Not particularly. I would be doing the same thing today even if I knew the Lord was coming tomorrow. I think that is the best way for me to live my life and prepare. 


No comments:

Post a Comment