Sunday, September 13, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 13:8, 16

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 13:8, 16
"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads."

This chapter speaks of the beast and his mark, taken in the right hand or forehead. It also speaks of the great wonders the beast performs that will deceive. I can't help but think of Revelations 9:4 when it speaks of those spared that had the seal of God in their foreheads. I think it interesting that for everything of God, Satan makes a counterfeit. God will place a seal upon our foreheads to preserve us, Satan will mark us for destruction. In these verses I see those who's names are written in the book of life will not worship the beast or devil.

The key to survival again is worshiping the Lord. How important it is to know which master I am serving. I went on a scripture chase looking up all the references of serving two masters. I can only serve the master that I know, who's heart I am turned to. I must serve the Lord all the days of my life. It really in the end doesn't matter what the rest of the world is doing, if the master I follow is the Lord. His spirit will tell me what I need to know. His prophets will lead and direct me. His protection will be over me. There will be peace and no need to fear.


No comments:

Post a Comment