Sunday, September 6, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 6:9 & 11

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 6:9 & 11
"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the alter the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

If my understanding of the seals standing for dispensations is correct then I could be tempted to just jump over all the seals being mentioned and go to the last one. To just see what is ahead. Then I realized I live in the fullness of time. What does that mean? It is that all will be restored. Everything that has been and will be comes during this time frame. So that makes me think that all the seals opened prior will once again be visited during this last time frame.
 
These verse give me confirmation on my impression. Those killed in the 5th dispensations are told to rest for a season, until others that will be killed join them. We know what happened to early Christians. All the apostles, except John were martyred. Then during the reformation period there were martyrs. With the restoration of the gospel Joseph and Hyrum Smith were martyred, along with other saints.

I take it to mean after a period of rest there will be those killed in my generation. In fact it is happening now. It mourns my heart to see dear Christians being killed today for their testimony of Christ around the world. I know not completely what seal we are in, the 5th or the 6th. I will wait until I read more of Revelations again to decide. But, we are seeing another wave of persecution taking place now. Sometime I just shake my head and wonder how can people do this? How can we watch these horrors and do nothing in our day? The only comfort is knowing where these martyrs have gone. I can understand how God will eventually say enough, its done.


No comments:

Post a Comment