Thursday, September 10, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 10:4, 11

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 10:4, 11
"And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I head a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."

John is given the words to write of the end, but then stopped and told to seal it up and not write it. The last verse tells me he has a mission in these end days to prophesy again. To me that means at some point John will give to us the prophesies of the sealed portion when they are allowed to be revealed. I know some question if John ever died. I believe he never did and yet walks this earth.

When I read this chapter and saw that the angel gave him a book and he ate it, I couldn't help but ponder on his description. It was sweet as honey to taste, but bitter in the stomach. To me if I was told I would never die it would appear sweet to never taste of death. But once I digested what that meant, that I would see all the apostles killed, the saints apostatize from the faith, the wickedness of men and perverting of the gospel, that would be bitter. There would be joy when the gospel is restored but then you know the end is also coming, the fullness of everything, he knows the things that are sealed that cannot be revealed that would also be bitter to my stomach. I do not know if that is what's fully meant by this part, but to me I think its one of the layers.

In my faith I believe that John did come to play a part in the restoration of the gospel. He appeared along with Peter and James to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery to restore the priesthood keys once again. He has played one part, but the prophesies he alone has the commission to tell is yet to come. I know two-thirds of the Book of Mormon was sealed. Now we have this sealed part of Revelations to look forward to. I have always wished that I would witness these sealed portions opened and translated during my lifetime. If I had a bucket list that desire would be on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment