Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 15:2, 8


Today's favorite verse: Revelations 15:2, 8
"And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled."

I read this chapter while at the temple sitting in the celestial room. I love going to the temple first thing in the morning, while its still dark outside. As I approach the temple it glows from being lite up against the dark. I feel like I am leaving the darkness of the world and going into the light. When I am done with an endowment session the first light of day is streaming into the celestial room, the light can be blinding. As I leave the temple I am full of light inside and out, in the bright of day, making me ready to face the world. This morning it was dark and gloomy outside because of rain, so the celestial room was not glowing in light. After I finished reading I looked up to see the chandlers reflection in the large mirrors of eternity. The placement of these mirrors let you see your reflection into eternity and also your past. I love these mirrors. The crystals in the chandler danced a rainbow of colors. with lots of hot red. I just had to sit and watch them. I could picture the sea of glass mingled with fire in this verse. What would it be like to stand on them surrounded by the playing of harps?

In celestial glory you would see your past so clearly, and the future ahead of you. I would have a perfect understanding of what was and what was to be. I would see God and worship him. As I pondered on the last verse, being told I could not enter the temple until the last of the seven plagues had pasted I thought that would be the hardest trial of all. I was already just having a hard time missing sacrament this past Sunday because of Regional Conference. Monday I was grumpy and by Tuesday I was so ready to go to the temple. To be told I could not come to the temple would be so hard.

Then I wondered where would I be if I could not come to the temple? Then I thought of home, that is where safety would be. My home is a refuge from the storm, it would be a protection from the coming plagues. If I could not leave my home it would be the best place to be, it would become part of heaven. Every day that my family reads the scriptures together and prays our home becomes more holy. How grateful I am that all that reside in my home love the Lord. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment