Saturday, September 26, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 3:7

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Nephi 3:7
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

This is one of my personal favorite scriptures. I am at heart a very lazy person. I don't want to do many things. But, this verse keeps me going. It is why I say my prayers, read personal scriptures, family scriptures, go to church, attend the temple, do my visiting teaching, etc. They are all things the Lord has confirmed over and over to me that I need to do. As I have forced myself during those times I least want to, it seems then the spiritual nuggets come. They are the very things that bless my life.

I pondered over how many times I have had to do very hard things. Beyond even my physical strength. Yet when I move forward in faith the way is opened up for me, I am given strength equal to the task. I have seen countless miracles in my life. All I need is the faith to keep walking forward. Doing what is right and what I know the Lord has required of me. I am never disappointed. 

I have also learned over the years that the Lord is always steps ahead of me. He's prepared the path I have had to walk. Even my very failures have in turned opened doors in other areas, blessing me far greater than if things worked out as planned. I live and breath this scriptures, my soul knows it by heart. I would be nothing if I stopped believing it.

Years ago when someone told me to walk by faith all I could see was a dark unlit road ahead of me. I was scared and afraid, sure I would stubble with nothing to grab onto. Now after years of walking by faith I see that same road now surrounded in brilliant sunlight. Where the sun is streaming directly into your face. You can't see where you are going, but your not afraid. The sun is enveloping you in warmth, light and peace. Any moment you know you will see what's ahead of you. It will all work out in the end. The key is to continually focus on the Son.


No comments:

Post a Comment