Thursday, September 17, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 17:1

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 17:1
"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:"

Sometimes when I read the scriptures I don't understand everything that I read. But, I have learned to be grateful when my eyes are opened to one of the simplest things I have never thought of before. I know in time, after many readings and life experiences I will be given more.

Today what I noticed is that as John is mentioning the seven angels and the seven vials he never gives them a name or order. It's just one of them. I had the impression that these plagues are not coming in waves, one after another. That they are actually happening in random order. I could picture one plague building and then slowing down as another gains more momentum, only for the earlier one to begin again, a constant eb and flow. They will all be in some manner of operation during the final days.

In a way it makes me wonder if we will ever be able to say that plague is complete. Of course none of these plagues have a good ending, its pretty pronounced when their judgment is complete. What I am thinking now is that their endings might just happen all at once. When the Lord comes in his final glory, and his judgment has come.


No comments:

Post a Comment