Monday, September 14, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 14:13

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 14:13
"And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."

In this chapter I see the elect of God, the 144,000 called to preach the gospel one last time to all the earth. Warning that the hour of His judgments has come. I think these 144,000 will be high priest that have had their calling and elections made sure, but that's only my gut feeling. I have also considered it could be righteous young missionaries, like the armies of Helaman. We hit an all time high of 88,000 missionaries after the Hastening of the Work began. At the Regional Broadcast this Sunday we were told after that initial peak they except the average to be 80,000 in the mission field going forward. Let me just say I have an interest as those number increase.

Over the years I have seen as the number of missionaries increase the wickedness of the world has too. To reach 144,000 missionaries the world would be pretty wicked. If the call went out to every young man, elder and high priest, the number 144,000 could be raised in no time at all. There could be 12,000 representing each of the ten tribes called to preach the gospel one last time, We just never know when the last call will come.

When this time is completed several different angels come to fulfill their mission to reap the earth, for the harvest is done. Before these angels proceed we read this verse that blessed are those that die in the Lord. I think this means that while God's judgment are coming upon the wicked the innocent will die too. There is no fear of death for the righteous, for they will rest from their labors. I have often wondered how people can get so caught up in surviving the last days when this isn't where the focus or worry should be. We need to labor in the Lord's vineyard all our days and it matters not when he calls us home. Physical death is not the worst that can happen to us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment