Monday, September 21, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 21:1-2

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 21:1-2
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

This chapter takes place after the 1,000 years of millennial peace. Satan was loosed for a season until the final battle between Gog and Magog where he is defeated. Those not written in the Book of Life have their just reward, never to bother the saints again.

At this point the earth itself is renewed and receives its celestial glory. The holy city, new Jerusalem comes down from heaven. God himself will dwell there, and there will be no more sorrow or pain; for the former things are all passed away. 

I cannot even comprehend what it will be like. All I know is I want to be there. I wish to be surrounded by my family and loved one too. After all we have been through this is a new beginning. A new chapter in our existence. There will be no more temple for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. I shall sit at the feet of the master and be taught. That will be worth everything I went through in this earth life existence. It will and can happen if I remain ever faithful, deserving to have my name written in the Book of Life, never to be blotted out. Learning now to love the Lord makes everything it takes to get there worth it. Joy comes in knowing the Lord, my joy will be complete when I am with him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment