Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Revelations 2:9

Today's favorite verse: Revelations 2:9
"I know thy works, and tribulations, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."

I know the Book of Revelations is difficult to understand, but I have long felt that when the time is right it will be easy for us to understand. It is only in these last days that its meanings will be revealed to those ready to know them.

I read this verse and had to show it to both my son and my husband. Both of them immediately recognized a person that fit this description. It was the very person of evil we had to walk with yesterday. They cried being poor, but were rich. They took the Lord's name in vain and mockingly called themselves a Jew. The tools and devices at their hands were learned in the synagogue of Satan. They were pure evil and took delight in it.

Thankfully, thankfully, thankfully the mercy of the Lord has delivered us from their hands. I have no hatred or malice towards them. It is only gratitude to God for his deliverance. His riches are greater than anything the world can give. We know they are now delivered into His hands for his justice is just.

This makes me wonder how many verses in Revelations actual depict people living at this time? How many of them do I know? I wonder where I will find myself referred to in Revelations? This is going to be an interesting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment