Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Corinthians 14:22, 39
"Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.
Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues."
Covet - IE be eager, zealous
We are to covet and be eager to prophesy, yet I will never have a prophesy for the entire church. Not even my local ward. That is not my purview, or runway. That made me think of the times I was impressed on specific things happening in my life or the lives of my family that I needed to prepare for. That is the spirit of prophesy, even if it is only something the spirit instructed me about, and I told it to no one else. Such times when this has happened it has made my faith even stronger. I can see how prophesy is for those that believe.
Day 4200

No comments:
Post a Comment