Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 22:13, 17

Today's Favorite Verse: Jeremiah 22:13, 17
"Woe unto him that buildeth his house by unrighteousness, and his chambers by wrong; that useth his neighbour’s service without wages, and giveth him not for his work;
But thine eyes and thine heart are not but for thy covetousness, and for to shed innocent blood, and for oppression, and for violence, to do it."

These verses had meaning to me today, but I will leave it at that. It made me think of President Nelson's General Conference talk because it has been on my mind all day. I was so happy to find the transcripts of the conference talks are now online.

"Vulgarity, faultfinding, and evil speaking of others are all too common. Too many pundits, politicians, entertainers, and other influencers throw insults constantly. I am greatly concerned that so many people seem to believe that it is completely acceptable to condemn, malign, and vilify anyone who does not agree with them. Many seem eager to damage another’s reputation with pathetic and pithy barbs!
Anger never persuades. Hostility builds no one. Contention never leads to inspired solutions.
My dear brothers and sisters, this should not be. As disciples of Jesus Christ, we are to be examples of how to interact with others—especially when we have differences of opinion. One of the easiest ways to identify a true follower of Jesus Christ is how compassionately that person treats other people."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Peacemakers Needed", Apr 2023 General Conference)

There is so much for me to go over and study and apply in my life from President Nelson's profoundly inspired conference talk. I wish I could have quoted the whole thing. It's enough today that I got a chance to read it over again.



Day 2926

No comments:

Post a Comment