Saturday, July 21, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 8:17

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 8:17
"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."

The words "those that seek me early" made me pause to ponder. What does that mean?  Is it speaking of seeking the Lord in my youth?  What if I am not young, have I lost that advantage? Then the thought came to me on what a blessing it has been in my life to make the first thing I read in the morning the Book of Mormon. I have had some pretty profound scripture reading sessions in the early hours of the morning. I just love these moments of early morning scripture and prayer. Yes, I study my scriptures in the evening as I work through all the standard works. Yet those early morning moments have given me a relationship with the Lord that nothing else has. I wonder if that is what's meant by "those that seek me early"?  The Lord is first in their life.



Day 1211

No comments:

Post a Comment