Saturday, August 26, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 16:13

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 16:13
"For all the sins of Baasha, and the sins of Elah his son, by which they sinned, and by which they made Israel to sin, in provoking the Lord God of Israel to anger with their vanities."

There are several similar verse like this one throughout this chapter. Once again many kings are named and none follow the Lord. The thing I pondered on is now God's anger is kindled when the leader causes the people to sin. I could see why that would be. If of myself I want to sin that is between me and God. But, if I was to start to destroy others with my sins and cause others to sin then that is something God would have to stop. That is greater than any sin of my own I could commit, for it would make another loose their way.


Day 882

No comments:

Post a Comment