Monday, December 26, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 14:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 14:14
"The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace."

The children of Israel are complaining against Moses for taking them out of Egypt and now the armies of Pharaoh are coming upon them. I see major complaining and a lack of faith on their end. It's really easy to see myself in that comparison. I have done much complaining in my life. When I have learned to "hold my peace" and rely on the Lord, I have been overwhelmed at the battles he has fought for me. I have found the more I come to know the Lord the easier it is to trust him, and not speak against him. I think that is the problem the children of Israel were having, they hadn't come to know Him yet. I pondered on how many amazing miracles Israel had seen up to this point, yet they still didn't understand how God works. Seeing miracles didn't give them the faith to trust Him. I realized I have actually been very blessed, to be given the opportunity to come to know the Lord, without having miracles that could overshadow my faith, but have only confirmed my faith. 


Day 639

No comments:

Post a Comment