Saturday, October 29, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 6:8-9, 18, 22

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 6:8-9, 18, 22
"But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generation, and Noah walked with God.
But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

This is the story of Noah and the flood. Sadly, I can see the world fast becoming wicked like in the days of Noah. These are the latter-days. The question I felt impressed to ponder on was what saved Noah and his family from the flood? From these verses I could see it was the ability to make and keep covenants. They could not even enter the ark until that covenant was established. The ark had the ability to protect them from the coming storms of destruction. But, it wasn't really the ark that did the saving, it was only a tool. What saved them was their personal righteousness, and ability to make covenants and then keep them. I realized reading this that what Noah had I have too. These verses impressed upon me the importance of the temple. How going to the House of the Lord and making sacred covenants there is my shield and protection from the gathering storms. The temple is as important to me as the ark was in the days of Noah. It is not only a place where I can be saved but my family also.


Day 581

No comments:

Post a Comment