Thursday, February 25, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 60:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 60:13
"For the Lord suffereth the righteous to be slain that his justice and judgment may come upon the wicked; therefore ye need not suppose that the righteous are lost because they are slain; but behold, they do enter into the rest of the Lord their God."

I have been pondering on Moroni's words. I know he wrote a pretty strong letter to Pahoran the governor of the Nephites. He was upset over the lack of support for his armies and his supposed reasons for it. I know in the next chapter it will show he was wrong.

Why would this letter be included if Moroni was wrong about Pahoran and his motives?  Then I saw Moroni words are for us today. What he supposed was happening in his day was in reality what will happen in ours. These are truths, but they were coming as a message to us.

I have doubted and been concerned that righteousness will prevail in our coming presidential elections. I wanted peace because I know God is in charge of all of this. I have seen character assassinations as men have been slain and taken out of the running. It continues, and I know it will get worse. Do we just give up and do nothing to let wickedness prevail?
 
No, I can see we keep trying because the Lord will take us into his rest after we have done all that we can do. We must fight even if we lose the battle. We are judged upon our efforts and not if our side has won. I will continue to look for good men to lead our nation, in whom I can give my support. If there are none left standing then I will ask the Lord at the time who I should vote for. But, what I know I must not do is give up, even if I know tough days are ahead of us. The Lord will be my anchor and my support no matter what comes. Oh, happy day if in the end we are spared, and I can rejoice. For now I need to rejoice in the one true Master and King, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment