Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 29:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 29:16
"I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out."

Job lists the good thing he had done and how he had prospered for it. Rather sad when he mentions "when my children were about me" because they are no more. I stopped at this verse to ponder on it. I think it's saying that he did more than just give to the poor, he found out why they were poor, and helped them resolve their situations.

It made me think about the #LighttheWorld initiative. There was an opportunity to give chickens and goats to people so they could start their own little business selling eggs and milk. What a blessing that will be for them. Not just a handout but an hand up out of their situations.

The Chinese proverb "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." may not appear in the bible. But, it appears Job practiced this principle, because it's an eternal truth.


Day 1040

No comments:

Post a Comment