Saturday, January 20, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 18:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 18:2
"How long will it be ere ye make an end of words? mark, and afterwards we will speak."

This is overpowering evidence that Bildad was not listening to a single word Job had said. I have the feeling he just thought Job was whining instead of instructing, having felt sometimes that way too. All Bildad wishes to do is "tell the damned state of the wicked who know not God." Which is basically saying, you Job. The rest of the chapter is rather dark and depressing. Certainly not of any compassion or light for one completely hurting and needing of support.

It really made me think about my listening skills. I know I haven't been good at it. I will form in my mind all my opinions and answers based upon the judgment I have determined in advance on their case. What a rich resource Job is in helping me to look at myself and vow that I need to do better. I need much more compassion for my fellowman.

Day 1029

No comments:

Post a Comment