Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 1:20-21

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 1:20-21
"The Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped.
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.
In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly."

This chapter made me think of these scriptures.

"And after their temptations, and much tribulation, behold, I, the Lord, will feel after them, and if they harden not their hearts, and stiffen not their necks against me, they shall be converted, and I will heal them."
(Doctrine and Covenants 112:13)

"For all those who will not endure chastening, but deny me, cannot be sanctified."
(Doctrine and Covenants 101:5)

Just like father Abraham went through his trial with Isaac, so Abraham could know more about Abraham. So did Job need to know more about Job. The  Lord knew his heart already, but Job needed to know it with every fiber of his being. That is so he could be refined and sanctified. Job lost nothing for his children were his for the eternities. He had to loose all to be blessed with more after the trial of his faith. It is only though my trails that I come to know my dept of my love and faith in my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. I know there is still so much to learn. 


Day 1012

No comments:

Post a Comment